<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Rodney Dangerfield R.I.P.

When I was at St. John's College I learned from Herodotus and Plutarch the story of Solon of Athens and Croesus of Sardis. Croesus had Solon inspect the royal treasury and asked Solon if he had ever met any man happier, to which Solon replied yes -- Tellus, Cleobis, and Bito -- because they had experienced happy deaths as well as happy lives, but the manner of death by which Croesus would meet his end was still unknown. With Rodney Dangerfield I feel that his death was respectable. He was unconscious and he slipped into a coma. He smoked like a Scythian every day and had a loving wife Joan. If my life is anything like Rodney Dangerfield's I will consider myself a blessed and happy man.

"Lets go while we're young!"



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?