<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Moody Debated With Muslim "Cleric" In London 11 Days Ago

Moody Adams MOODY DEBATED TERRORISM WITH LONDON CLERIC 11 DAYS AGO.

I rode on the same bus line that was blown up, traveled on the train tracks that were hit, and debated terrorist attacks with London Muslims in Hyde Park just over a week before the bombs went off in London.

While in the city, I went to England’s largest debate arena, Hyde Park and spent over two hours debating terrorism with a Muslim clergyman. At first he wanted to claim that Islam is a peaceful religion, but that soon changed

I asked him if all who believed Jesus was the Son of God were infidels. He dodged the question, so I read him Koran 5:17: “Infidels now are they who say, “Verily God is the Messiah Ibn Maryam (son of Mary)!

Then I asked him if his God commanded him to kill all infidels. He said “no”, so I read him Koran 47:4: When ye encounter the infidels (unbelievers), strike off their heads till ye have made a great slaughter among them, and of the rest make fast the fetters.” He raised his voice and screamed that is on a battle field.

So I turned to Koran 9:123 and read, “Wage war against such of the infidels as are your neighbours.” “This commands you to kill Christian infidels on the battle field and in your neighborhood,” I told him.

He laughed and said to the audience, “Am I trying to kill him?”

Then I told him the reason he wasn’t killing me was he was not obeying his scriptures.

Faced with trying to defend the Koran, his countenance changed and the talked of a peaceful religion ended. He boldly defended the terrorists bombings, saying: “We do not have airplanes and missiles. We fight with what he have.”

Eleven days later those words echoed throughout London in the worst attack since World War II. Four bomb attacks killed 40 and injured over 700. A group calling itself "The Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in Europe" claimed responsibility for the attack.

Some sincere Muslims are obeying their “Holy Book.”

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?